Logistics Coordinator – Continental Shift
This is a continental shift position. Meaning you are working 12 hours shifts (9am to 9pm) 4 days in, 4 days out. With this type of rotation you may be scheduled to cover Sat or Sun (est. average 1 per month).
Main Purpose of Job:
To enter orders into the TMS system, find trucks for customer orders, negotiate with carriers/customers to move freight in the most efficient way possible while meeting the expectation of our customers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Field and direct all incoming phone calls as required
- Respond to all e-mails in a timely fashion including customer e-mails for pickups, rates and availability and updates (when shipping day of)
- Direct any e-mail / phone calls / faxes or PDF files to the correct department or person
- Responsible for order entry, using a check list for accuracy. This includes pick up/delivery addresses, contacts at each location, PO/SO/Reference #s, using our checklist to be thorough and precise.
- Carrier search and rate negotiation (accessing TMS History as leverage)
- Dispatching contracts to carriers, with all/any special instructions, once rate has been agreed upon
- Confirming customs broker information and entering into TMS
- Saving all documents (BOLS/Customs docs/Packing lists) to the server
- Saving all emails with spot quotes to the server
- Setting up correct e-mails for all customer and carrier for updates and tracking
- Ensuring Carriers have insurance, and an acceptable safety rating before securing
- Resolving any issues regarding any order with the carrier brought to dispatch by Customer Service. This may include any accessorial, carrier delays or service problems that are more than just minor and CS cannot resolve quickly.
- Finalizing any accessorial charges brought to your attention by customer service with the carrier and the customer
- On-call weekend in rotation
Additionally, you will be crossed trained how to work in customer service in the event of absenteeism, which could include:
- To handle all aspects of the company’s operations from phone calls to dealing with carriers
- To track and trace current loads
- Inform the customer the whereabouts of their freight via email, or phone
- Collect POD from carriers within a reasonable amount of time
- Add carrier packets and update profiles
- Update shippers and consignee profiles
- To assist in saving documentation, customs docs and facilitating the docs to carriers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Organized with attention to detail – takes pride in work
- Multi-tasker with strong ability to prioritize effectively
- Ability to adapt to new software with strong typing skills
- Ability to resolve customer complaints and issues while maintaining a professional and calm demeanor
- Excellent problem-solver skills, very resourceful
- Strong ability to prioritize effectively
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- Takes pride and ownership of work
- Transplus or Fleet Manager experience is a plus
- Previous experience in non asset-based company required
Working indoors, office environment.
Long hours of sitting down at a desk.
Vision and Hearing Requirements:
Long hours of staring at computer screen, listening to phone calls, colleagues, etc.
Able to make quick decisions, interpret data and problem solve.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organization and the overall business objectives of the organization.