At CS-1 Transportation, we understand the precautionary measures and specific requirements of shipping hazardous material. We are very familiar with shipping documentation required for shipping hazardous materials including bill of lading, hazardous material manifests, or MSDS.
Hazardous materials represent anything that can cause harm to people, property or the environment. They are classified into one of nine classes of dangerous goods depending on their characteristics.
- Class 1 – Explosives
- Class 2 – Gases
- Class 3 – Flammable Liquids
- Class 4 – Flammable Solids
- Class 5 – Oxidizing Substances and Organic Peroxides
- Class 6 – Toxic and Infectious Substances
- Class 7 – Radioactive Materials
- Class 8 – Corrosive Substances
- Class 9 – Miscellaneous Products, Substances or Organisms
For further information, please visit the Government of Canada web site, Hazardous Materials.